The Gwinnett Symphony Orchestra & Chorus is a 501 (C) (3), Non-Profit Musical Arts Organization comprised of talented adult and youth musicians and provides outstanding educational performances of classical and popular music for the diverse metro Atlanta community.
Our ensembles include the Symphony Orchestra & Symphony Chorus, which consists entirely of volunteer musicians, and the Ballet Orchestra, & Chamber Orchestra, which are blended orchestras consisting of professional and volunteer musicians. Our professional ensembles in-residence include the Gwinnett Horn Quartet, Gwinnett Brass Quintet, and Gwinnett String Quartet.
The Gwinnett Symphony Orchestra and its ensembles strives to enrich the quality of life through the study and performance of quality music. It is our goal to instill in each person we serve a positive sense of self-esteem and lifelong learning through discipline, commitment, and achievement.
In the past 15 years GSO has:
- Performed Major Works with Premier guest artists, including seminars or master-classes about the works performed
- Performed publicly before thousands of people both indoor and out
- Established an education division that includes a comprehensive and continuing music education for hundreds young people each year, enhancing the music education received by the youths in their individual schools
- Organized an Education Side-By-Side Concert annually that allows the youth to perform with adults in a concert dedicated to the pursuit of excellence
- Held frequent master classes by our Professional Community Musicians at area schools to expose our youth to the various musical styles and instruments
Our future plans include:
- Sponsoring an annual music competition and presentation in conjunction to promoting the economic benefits and the diverse quality of musical life in the greater Gwinnett community
- Establishment of the GSO Endowment to insure the continuity and future growth of our organization
- Providing expanded outreach performances into the surrounding areas to reach those people who otherwise would not be exposed to the cultural enrichment of the GSO performing groups
- Providing and sponsoring in-service workshops for area musicians and teachers
- Efforts to bring the whole of the Greater Atlanta area performing arts community more closely together to improve communication among the groups and to better coordinate the activities of the groups for the growth of the arts in the greater Gwinnett community.